Prerequisite: Adult dogs 1 year and over that have attended a previous class at High Point K9
Class Duration: 6 Weeks
Instructor: Kim Watson
Class Description: This class is for Adult Dogs over the age of 8 months.
In this class, you will be instructed how to train your dog in basic obedience behaviors and manners. Behavioral problems, such as jumping, and leash training will be addressed. This is an excellent class for you and your dog to learn foundation obedience skills with the distraction of other dogs and people.
Obedience Commands Introduced in this class:
Obedience Commands Continued and Introduced in this class:
- Walk on leash – without pulling
- Leave It
How to Prepare:
- Wear comfortable shoes/sneakers, (no open toed shoes/sandals)
- Don’t feed your dog for a few hours before class, this will keep him food motivated it will also prevent unwanted car sickness
- Puppies can have half of their normal meal the morning of class and finish when they get back home
- Potty your dog, before class, in the designated areas
What to Bring:
- Flat Buckle or Snap Collar
- 6’ leash, (no Flexi-leads)
- High Value Dog Treats (treats your dog really loves)
- Poop bags for cleaning up after your dog
- All adult dogs are required to have a Rabies Vaccination. Please bring a copy of your Rabies Certificate to your first class.