Prerequisite: Puppy Kindergarten, Puppies age 4 months to 11 months
Class Duration: 6 Weeks
Instructor: Kim Watson
Class Description: This class is for puppies between the age of 4 and 10 months that have successfully completed Puppy Kindergarten.
This class is a continuation of basic behaviors, manners and obedience. Puppy behavioral issues will be further addressed. This is an excellent class for you and your puppy to continue working on foundation skills along with the distraction of other puppies and people. This class will pay special attention to your puppy’s obedience proficiency and advancement. AKC Puppy All Star procedures are the focus of this class. AKC Puppy All Star testing will be available upon completion of this course.
For more information on the AKC Puppy All Star Program visit AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy – American Kennel Club
Obedience Commands Continued and Introduced in this class:
- Walk on Leash – without pulling
- Leave It
How to Prepare:
- Wear comfortable shoes/sneakers, (no open toed shoes/sandals)
- Don’t feed your dog for a few hours before class, this will keep him food motivated it will also prevent unwanted car sickness
- Puppies can have half of their normal meal the morning of class and finish when they get back home
- Potty your dog, before class, in the designated areas
What to Bring:
- Flat Buckle or Snap Collar
- 6’ leash, (no Flexi-leads)
- High Value Dog Treats (treats your dog really loves)
- Poop bags for cleaning up after your dog
- If your puppy has received a Rabies Vaccination please bring a copy to your first class.